Webly and Jess sit down with Jess, a local vegan and professional wine steward, for an in-depth conversation about wine. Jess, the wine steward, touches upon her personal favorites, what isn’t vegan about a lot of wine, food pairings, regional wines, and more.
All three vegans also sample an array of chocolates purchased from local chocolatiers, and review in detail. Missionary’s chocolate mint truffle, Sahagun’s brand new Stumptown pure coffee bar, and Alma’s fig and marzipan chocolate, were among the favorites!
- Vegan Wine Guide (Frommars)
- Orleans Hill Winery, makers of Our Daily Red Organic Wine
- The issue of allergens and wine labeling (not currently happening).
- Charles Shaw (aka Three Buck Chuck. FYI, the red are vegan-friendly, according to Barnivore).
- Missionary Chocolates
- Alma Chocolate
- Sahagun Chocolates – various
- Sweet Masterpiece Inc. – medallions
- Blossoming Lotus – raw chocolates and brunch
- Go Max Go Candy Bars
- Holy Kakow Chocolate Syrup
- Lillie Belle Farms – Caramelized Almond Bar
- Coco & Co
- Fran’s Chocolates, sold at Cacao
- LuLu’s raw chocolate
- Stirs the Soul organic raw chocolate
- Moonstruck Chocolate Co.
Of course, there are more vegan chocolates available around town, and our selection was limited to what we were able to buy in time. Please let us know if you have other local favorites to recommend!
Which leads into…
Upcoming Valentine’s Day Events/Vegan Options in Portland
- Blossoming Lotus has a special Valentine’s Day Dinner Menu – make your reservations!
- Portobello WILL be open.
- Place your dessert orders from Sweetpea Baking Co. and Back to Eden, etc.
- Chocolates from Food Fight!
- The numerous chocolates named above!
Please feel free to contact Stumptownvegans [AT] gmail.com if you’d like to get in touch with Jess, the wine steward, about wine questions or personal consultations.
As always, feel free to email us or contact us on twitter with questions.
P.S. Two Additional Portland Vegan Friendly Wine Notes: